Keep your bike up-to-date on repairs by following this maintenance schedule.
WHN Tip: Talk with your local bike shop technician to get maintenance tips specifically for your bike.
Monthly Maintenance (more if you ride frequently)
- Rinse and clean off dirt and debris with a washcloth and water first.
- Use a citrus-based chain cleaner and a wire brush to clean heavy grease off the chain.
- Lube the chain.
- Check brake pads for wear and cables for kinks, rust, lube.
- Make sure saddle (seat) is tightly bolted to post.
- Check condition of rims, tires and brake pads, and replace if necessary.
- Give the bike a complete once over, checking for loose or damaged parts.
- Consider replacing cables and housings.
- Check derailleur and brakes for loose or sloppy action.
- If your bike is ridden frequently, consider having it inspected and maintained by a professional.